Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Feather Head Pieces..

Here is a glimpse at some Feather Head Pieces I made recently. I have ALOT more to make so stay tuned over the next few weeks for more!

Here is a small story of where I found all these feather pieces. During the last part of the snow storm last weekend I was in Manhattan shopping for materials and items for Sellz Cute Things. I spotted an old, semi run down, hole in the wall fabric store with these feather pieces in the window. I had passed this block and store MANY times but never noticed it. So I went in to see what they had available and this little old jewish man, who looked like he was in his 70's opened the door. He was sooooo cute! Inside the shop it was fairly dim, and there was animal fabric EVERYWHERE. I mean you could hardly get through the store because there was so much fabric. There was suede, animal print, cow skin ugh EVERYTHING you could imagine it was in there. The man was super friendly and showed me two boxes of feather pieces, which he let me look through and pull out the ones I wanted......you'll have to keep checking my blog to see which ones I chose.

:: FYI I describe each piece right under each pic::



This one is a Rich purple colored feather piece with a purple zipper, shaped like a circular flower. When you put it on it covers all of your head. I used a hot glue gun to attach everything together.



When I made this and looked at it I thought Vintage! When a friend saw it he thought Old Hollywood! Its Ivory feathers with a light pink sequin detailing. It also covers most of your head when its on.



This is another BEAUTIFUL Rich in color, Burgundy feather piece I found. I paired it up with a black zipper flower and voila!



There were many feather pieces like this in the boxes. I took a bunch of them- they are SO pretty! I made this one with a black multi colored sequin detail.



and here is a Blue Feather piece with a FANTASTIC blue sequin detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment