Sunday, October 23, 2011

DIY Ring Wall Holder


DIY Ring Storage Wall Holder Rack

Okay this project started out as a complete mistake! As you can tell from my previous post it is the same structure for my Nail Polish Rack, except the shelves on this one were too short and none of my polishes fit. After working so hard on it I didn't want to throw it out. Then one day It dawned on me that I could turn it into a ring holder! I used all the same items that I used to make my Nail Polish rack and only added the foam rolls. These are repurposed from the dollar store, they are Hair curlers. I just simply took out the Plastic pieces. I used the LOW HEAT (Very important- I learned this the hard way) setting on my hot glue gun to attach the foam to the board itself. The "Jumbo" size fit best. I wanted to do the whole thing with pink foam rollers but they didn't have enough so I had a Tim Gunn "Make it work" moment by adding the black.

The above picture is the close up of the foam rolls and some rings. The popsicle sticks are glued onto each shelve to make it easier to attach the trimming. I have TONS of rings, right? I love tchotchke things, and these rings fill my obsession with obnoxiously bright, and blinged out accessories without the high price tag. Below is a picture of the whole thing. :-) I haven't quite figured out what to do on the blank space to the right. I thought of writing "Rings" but I don't know...I'll update when I decide.

13 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I absolutely adore your rings, here in SD we have some stores that sell rings like that really inexpensive and I can never leave without buying some. Also, I never thought of using hair rollers to hold them in. I want to try making this, also I want to try making one of those High heel ring holders. Only thing is I wonder if you'd be able to put fabric or felt over the rollers to customize it more. Anyway, long comment over, but this is so cute and I love the nail polish one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to tell you that I made a ring box today, with a box from Michael's, and I used your idea of using dollar store foam curlers. It was super inexpensive and I am soooo happy with the result. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexy, Sorry for the REALLY late reply but putting fabric over the rollers is a great idea and should be totally do-able. Not sure if this reply will make it to you, but if you did make it with the fabric I would love to see.

    Hi Victoria, what an awesome idea!! I think I might have to make one of those boxes too, so thank YOU also for sharing that awesome tip. hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for posting this idea! I took it, let my imagination run away with it, and posted some pictures on my blog. (I used fabric for those that are curious - it worked beautifully!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, I thought there would be a link option: http://elaineziman.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-ring-box.html

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this with me. I love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the dimensions of shelves and everything? I want to make sure my curlers fit properly! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found this as I'm looking for ideas for craft stalls. Neat idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! I will have to make my own to display all the rings I've gotten through JewelScent. www.jewelscent.com/nicoleraymond

    ReplyDelete